Workshops, conferences and other events in the urban greening and liveable cities agenda.
Engaging with your community to share the research journey.
- Sanctuary Adelaide Zoo Gate 1 Plane Tree Drive Adelaide SA 5000
The Treenet Conference is the annual conference for landscape tree professionals in Australia. This year's conference is to be held on Thursday 7th September 2017 at the Sanctuary Function Room, Adelaide Zoo.
- Hawkesbury Institute for the Environment Western Sydney University Eucalypt Room, upstairs in Building R2 Bourke Street Richmond NSW 2753
Much of the research will be conducted at Western Sydney University and this workshop gained feedback from more than 45 participants from nursery, council and landscape industries.
- Cliftons Perth, Parmelia House, 191 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 8000
In Perth, we gained feedback from major tree growers and councils on their experiences of selecting trees, plants and turf for a dry Mediterranean climate (although 2016-2017 has been exceptionally wet).
- Nat Bonacci Room, Council House 2, 240 Little Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
This workshop sought feedback from more than 30 participants and horticultural specialists to develop a better understanding of the role and uses of urban greenspace in Melbourne and Victoria.
- Cliftons Adelaide Level 1, 80 King William Street Adelaide SA 5000
In Adelaide, we discussed the use of the SA Botanic Gardens Plant Selector and gained a range of views and feedback from growers, landscapers and councils on the potential of the Which Plant Where Plant Selector tool.
- University of Queensland - St Lucia campus Building 14 Level 2 Room 219 Brisbane QLD
Brisbane participants agreed that although most local councils have a species selection list for urban spaces, the list is not always adhered to, and plant selection is guided by a variety of factors.